Introduction of the Youth Leadership Development Programme
The Youth Leadership Development Programme – a part of the 26th Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) World Congress 2019 that is taking place in Singapore – is a fully-hosted 8-day programme to be held from 18 to 25 October 2019.
The programme is designed to arouse the awareness of the tertiary students with respect to advanced intelligent transport technologies & concepts and inspire their creative and innovative ideas that solve real ITS problems.
Participants will get a chance to engage and mingle with entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders from the ITS industry. Ideation mentorship and professional training will also be conducted during the programme, which will provide young leaders with an excellent platform to showcase their creative ideas
Youth leaders will work together in groups in an ideathon to ideate on “Grand Challenge” topics and present to a distinguished panel during the 26th ITS World Congress 2019. The best work will be awarded at the ITS World Congress Closing Ceremony.
- Must be full-time undergraduate or post-graduate students at the age of 18-25 years old at the time of participation.
- Must be able to travel on their own to Singapore.
- Study in any of the following countries/areas:
- ITS AP Members: Australia, China, Chinese-Taipei, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand
- Major in the fields such as business management, information technology, information systems and engineering.
- Be able to commit & attend the entire 8-day programme, 18-25 October 2019, which includes the flight into Singapore on 17 October, and out of Singapore on 26 October.
How to apply
For interested participants, please download and submit the completed application form to the local Intelligent Transportation Society of your home country via email.
You may obtain the email of your local Intelligent Transportation Society via visiting the respective webpage from the following link:
All application forms are to be submitted to the respective societies by 28 February 2019.
Selection timeline & expected costs
28 February 2019: Submission of forms by applicants to local ITS Societies
22 March 2019: Submission of names and application for shortlisted applications to
Youth Sub-Committee of the 26th ITS World Congress
15 April 2019: Announcement of selected applicants via email
Information kit for participants Application form for interested applicants